Mental Strength is our optimism, our “stick-to-it” way of thinking. Its something we cannot go without on the path to success. Without mental grit, we would just give up on the first, or second try at something. Everyone needs this and Mental Strength can be developed by creating good habits and monitoring the self closely. Below are 5 things to avoid when you are developing your mental strength.
1. Resisting Change. Change is a part of life. We all should embrace change because it brings in new opportunities and blessings unimaginable. When we are stagnant, we are not bettering ourselves. It is important to keep moving, even if you fail, you re-assess and try again 🙂
2. Worry over pleasing others. This is one that is a challenge for me, because I’m very caring at heart. I want to help everyone. Focus on your goals and you should not worry about what cannot be controlled. But you just can’t go out of your way to help everyone. Simply put.
3. Fear of taking a risk. In order to succeed it is so important to make sound decisions. Some decisions we will have to make on the spot. Every decision made should put you in a better and better place. Risks are a part of life. Staying stagnant is a HUGE risk, for me. We must make calculated decisions and better ourselves.
4. Give up. Giving up is never an option on the road to success. It may be a long, windy road but it will be worth it in the long run.
5. Jealousy of other’s success. Seeing other people do well should be a breath of fresh air for you. Why? Because that means it can be done. Seeing other’s happy should make you feel happy also. Being resentful or jealous has no place in the world of success!
What are some things you do to build up your mental strength?
Please reblog, comment, share, and like! I welcome you 🙂
Please contact me for any art inquiries / writing inquiries at Chanel@artofconcentration.me
All Rights Belong to Chanel Mahone 2013