In today’s society, everything has to be FAST and be here NOW. Instant gratification is a way of life, especially in America. In fact, big businesses feed off of the fact that we want things now. But if everyone is getting everything they want now, why is it that most people are unhappy?
Delayed Gratification is the ability to resist the temptation for an immediate reward and wait for a later, larger reward It is impulse control. When it comes to goal setting and making a difference in your life, you will HAVE to practice delayed gratification. Sometimes, you will have to turn away from something you want now for a bigger treat later on. Believe it or not, NOT getting something that you want right now will make you happier and more content in the long run.
Material items and quick fixes harness emotions such as jealously, greed and fear. Delayed gratification will cultivate positive emotions such as hope, faith, love.
Try practicing delayed gratification and live a happy, stable, and peaceful life.
- The Marshmallow Experiment – Instant Gratification (disclose.tv)
- Delayed Gratification (lindslev.wordpress.com)
- Delayed Gratification (randomandunrelated.wordpress.com)
- Rewriting History- It Ends Here (cadiescompass.wordpress.com)
- Delaying gratification, when the reward is under our noses (medicalxpress.com)
- Be Thankful For What You Don’t Have (forbes.com)
- Instant Gratification… (toricarson.com)